Save the date: 18-21 septembre 2023
Please be reminded that Nice is a popular destination and SoA will happen at the same time as the Rugby World Cup ! Check for your accomodation early: for more information HERE.
Aphasia: Changing paradigms?
1) ‘Big data’ and ‘Deep Data’: 18/09/2023
- Simon Fischer Baum: A critical place for small, but deep, data in aphasia research.
- Alex Leff: Using in-app therapy data to predict final outcome: an example from the Listen-In randomised clinical trial
- David Howard: Separate lexicons for language comprehension and production? Big(gish) data.
2) What changed because of new treatment methods for stroke?: 19/09/2023
- Argye Hillis: Can we study people with aphasia in the era of endovascular treatment for stroke?
- Hugues Duffau: Towards a meta-networking theory of brain functions: the neural foundations of conation, language, cognition and behavior unveiled by intraoperative stimulation mapping in awake patient.
3) ‘Control’ in the language system: 20/09/2023
- Vitoria Piai: Lexical selection, control, and the role of brain-based measures
- Bonnie Nozari: Selection and Control: Where are we at?
4) New data sources: 21/09/2023
- Elena Barbieri: The contribution of Primary Progressive Aphasia to the investigation of the anatomy of the language network.
- Djaina Satoer: Awake brain tumor surgery: new insights in aphasia?